My name is Rusty Butler and I work at UVU.  I am a runner and a cyclist.  I use Utah County trails daily, both in the mountains and in the valley.
Years ago I worked with Hawk Harper (Runners Corner) to keep the Murdock Canal trail open to the public.  The Mayor of Lindon City Larry Ellertson (now County Commissioner) was the political ramrod for our efforts.  We fought the Provo River Water Users Association (PRWUA) to no avail.  Money and civic disregard trumped our grass-roots efforts and the canal was enclosed.  Hawk and Larry are tireless fighters.
Today, I work with Larry and Utah County in developing the “new” Murdock Canal trail, as well as trails in other parts of the county.  I have become a great fan of his tireless can-do, fiscally responsible efforts.  If you believe in more recreational opportunities, join me in voting for Larry Ellertson for County Commissioner on June 26.
Rusty Butler

No comments: